How I started using peanut butter in my diet….Posted: June 5, 2012 | |
Peanut butter has been my first product, ever since I started retailing i2cook products. You will be surprised that I hadn’t even tasted peanut butter (PB) until, then. I’ve noticed that a lot of you detest peanut butter or rather are not used it. I was one amongst you.
I was never brought up on PB and it took me some time to get used to it. I realized that PB is a MUST in my diet. I started looking up on the net and found that there are some thousand recipes to gawk at ( I LOVE food porn, especially – food gawker). I took it up as a challenge to come up with some recipes that will not only make me like PB, but also give me variety for my everyday use.
Here is what I came up with
- Banana and peanut butter smoothie
- No bake peanut butter and oat cookies
The result – an instant win
Ingredients for Banana & PB Smoothie
1 banana, peeled, chopped roughly
2tbs natural peanut butter
1tsp cocoa powder
raw sugar or honey to your liking
1/2 cup milk, yogurt or soy milk
peanuts for garnish (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender with some ice until smooth. Drink chilled. Serves one.
You can carry your PB smoothie in cute little bottles to work.
Ingredients for No bake PB & Oats cookies
1 cup rolled oats, lightly toasted
1 1/2 tbs sugar
200gms natural peanut butter
Heat butter and sugar in a pan, on medium flame. Heat until the sugar has melted and bring it to a light boil.Turn off the stove and mix peanut butter and oats. Allow it to cool enough for you to shape them into desired shape. Lay them on a tray to dry and refrigerate for atleast two hours or overnight. Store them in an air tight container, refrigerated. They (can) last for about two weeks. I got 16-20 small cookies.
Why PB is good for you
- Peanut butter is considered as the “real food” and is stated has the best sport food.
- Peanut butter is perfect for dieters. It can satisfy you sooner and won’t keep you hungry for too long. Small amount can quell hunger faster.
- It is packed with nutrients, which help you build and repair muscles.
- Fat is good for you – the monounsaturated fat is good for your heart.
- Peanut butter sandwich is healthier and better than a fast food burger.
- Natural peanut butter (with oil formation on top) is healthier than the commercial ones, in which the oils get converted into harder and saturated (trans-fat).