Desi style cardamom cupcakesPosted: September 30, 2014
Introducing my Desi style cupcakes, aka cardamom cupcakes with kesar & pista frosting. These eggless cupcakes are a great way to indulge and without the frosting can also be guilt-free ;). I know I have your attention now!
These cupcakes are made with whole wheat flour (stone ground organic atta) and organic olive oil. These butter less cupcake are not only organic & healthy but also gives a new dimension to your dessert table for this Dussehra/Diwali.
Using local ingredients as much as possible is the best way to support honorable Prime Minister Mr Modi’s “Make in India” campaign. I used an Indian brand for cream cheese and was happy with its texture and taste. After making the frosting right from scratch, I realized that you can also frost these cupcakes with shrikhand, either homemade or store bought.
And also my company was featured in Mint this month. Yay!
- Measure and mix all the dry ingredients like flour, soda, salt, cardamom, sugar in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients one by one to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour the cake mixture in the cupcake molds and bake at 160 degree centigrade for about 15-18 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack once done. Makes 20 medium sized cupcakes.
- Beat all the ingredients for frosting until smooth in texture. Frost your cupcake garnished with some pistachio. You can also use some thick shrikhand as mentioned above in this post.
You might also like