I’ve been addictive to these blondies and everyone at home just love it! These are made with real nuts and addition of choco chips makes these an heavenly treat.
Baking with nut butters negates the use of butter since nut butters contain their own fat/oil. You can use any nut butter as the main ingredient and these can be made vegan or gluten free or flour-less. Blondies are like brownies but contain less of cocoa or chocolate. As the name suggests, they are brown in colour. They are great as a snack or you could have them as dessert with some ice-cream.
500 gms nut butters like peanut butter or almond butter
2 eggs or 30 gms flax seed powder lightly beaten with 6 tbs of water for egg-less version
1 tsp baking soda
120 gms raw sugar
25 gms choco chips
20 gms nuts or cocao nibs
Note: I usually prefer to add some crunch to my blondies by adding cocao nibs or nuts
- Measure all the ingredients and keep aside.
- Lightly beat two eggs in a bowl.
- Mix the nut butter, raw sugar, soda , choco chips and nuts into the wet mixture very softly.
- Line 10×10 inch baking dish/pan with aluminium foil or parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly throughout.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree centigrade for about 18-20 minutes.
- Once done, allow it to cool before cutting them into desired shapes. Serve warm or at room temperature. This recipe makes about 25 pieces.